Published: Fri, March 09, 2018
Finance | By Jaime Brady

Technical issue leaves passengers stranded for hours at Sydney airport

Technical issue leaves passengers stranded for hours at Sydney airport

Hundreds of passengers are still facing delays of up to two hours as airlines struggle to recover from a chaotic morning at Sydney Airport.

Earlier, the airport tweeted the incident was "ongoing" and would cause delays for passengers trying to get through the security screening process.

T1 returned to normal, while T2 took a little longer to return to normal. We're working to resolve this technical issue as soon as possible.

Virgin Australia flights were also recovering from significant delays, which included two cancellations.

The T3 Domestic terminal, which is operated by Qantas, was not affected.

Parsons Green: Bomb victim 'engulfed in flames'
She suffered burns to her legs, hands, and face, causing her eyebrows and lashes to be singed off, the court heard. A teen made a bomb left on a Tube train while his parents were holidaying in Blackpool, a court has heard.

BJP's Raja invites ire of TN parties for social media post
Now the government at the centre taking the matter into consideration taking an action against the people involved in the act. But as soon as the government was toppled by BJP and alliance, the vandalism started; alleged the Communist party members.

#BRUHNews: South African Triathlete Attacked With Chainsaw, Will Walk Again
Olympian Henri Shoeman, who won bronze for South Africa in 2016, also sent his well wishes to Gwala. On Wednesday, the 26-year-old underwent surgery at a private hospital.

Passengers at Sydney Airport have faced major delays after a "technical" issues halted security. The airport has now resumed processing passengers as per usual, it said on Twitter, without specifying details of the problem.

Passengers said they had been waiting for nearly two hours as the departure lounge was cordoned off.

In July a year ago, Jetstar flights faced a string of delays across Australia, following a system outage originating from Sydney Airport.

The glitch affected systems including the CCTV video surveillance prior to the opening of Terminal 1 and 2, an airport spokesperson told Xinhua.

Virgin Australia said it was holding some flights to minimise disruptions and was working to re-accommodate those affected.

Like this: